A skill is a special move that is unique to a class and that a player can learn in the Skill Tree (Alt+S). There are different types of skills and they are described in more details below.
There are 4 types of skills:
- Passive Skills: Such skills cannot be triggered. Their effects and bonuses are constant and always present. Most cost 2 Skill Points (SP)
- Active Skills: Such skills can usually be casted on yourself (or sometimes targets) and allow the player to do specific actions that aren't offensive or supportive. Example: Sit.
- Offensive Skills: Such skills can only be used on or affect enemies. They usually deal damage to the target and/or inflict some status ailment such as Slow. Most cost 1 Skill Point (SP)
- Supportive Skills: Such skills are usually used on yourself or allies. They are used to heal, buff or grant beneficial abilities to the targeted player. Most cost 1 Skill Point (SP)
The different phases of the skill activation are as follows:
- The skill is used: MP is consumed and the skill effect is shown.
- Some skills work on a "success rate": if it failed, the desired effect did not happen or was not inflicted to the target (i.e. missed the target).
- A casting delay applies: as long as the skill is "shadowed" in the Hotkey bar or Skill window, it cannot be used. When the delay ends the player is able to use the skill again.